Please read the following policies prior to submitting the registration form. Submission of the form indicates your acceptance of these policies:
1. When scheduling an appointment or during your first appointment, a copy of your pet's previous medical history will be needed. You can provide consent for The Village Vet to request these records in advance, but writing that in the extra space on the registration form.
2. An up-to-date rabies vaccination is required for all pets over 6 months of age to be examined. If your pet does not have proof of a valid rabies vaccination (which would be a signed rabies certificate or signed medical records) then one will be administered during the appointment. This is in accordance with Massachusetts Regulation 330 CMR 10.03 (4).
3. If you need to cancel an appointment, please provide at least 24 hours advance notice. Failure to do so may result in a rescheduling fee equal to the cost of the housecall travel and examination fee.
4. By scheduling an appointment, I agree to pay for all services performed during the visit. An estimate can be provided prior to all services, other than the current housecall travel fee and examination fee (as shown on the website).
5. Payment is due at the time services are rendered. At this time, cash, checks (from returning clients) and credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover & American Express) are accepted. There is a $25 fee for returned checks, and a $15 per month statement and accounting fee charged on the 1st of each month after the visit for all accounts with outstanding balances. In the event of a collection, all reasonable collection fees, attorney fees and court costs will be paid by the client. (Please note that Care Credit is NOT accepted).
6. I understand that The Village Vet does not have the capabilities to perform x-rays or surgery, and is not available for 24-hour emergency services. A list of emergency/referral clinics is provided below. You are welcome to work with any veterinarian with whom you have a prior relationship, or one can be recommended. The veterinarian you see may make recommendations based on their testing, but if your pet is referred for one of these services the results will also be reviewed by The Village Vet and a plan will be discussed for your pet's ongoing health care needs.
Phone: (860) 688-8400
Address: 955 Kennedy Road, Windsor, CT 06095
Phone: (413) 665-4911
Address: 141 Greenfield Road, South Deerfield, MA 01373
7. For privacy reasons, I do require owner consent before records are sent to any other hospitals (with the exception of an emergency clinic if the patient is present for an immediate issue). You can provide this consent by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 1 business day for any records to be sent after approval is received.
8. The Village Vet will not tolerate rude, derogatory, belligerent, threatening or otherwise discourteous behavior. We expect all clients and family members to be respectful and courteous at all times. In accordance with MA 256 CMR 7.01(3)(b1) we will refuse to provide services to any client acting in a discourteous manner, and payment for all services performed up to that point will be due in full. At the conclusion of the visit you will be provided with a copy of your pet's medical records to facilitate transfer of care to a new veterinarian.
Thank you for trusting The Village Vet for your pet's healthcare needs!